Saturday, April 3, 2010

A litte motivation, goes a long way

Some days I just plain don't feel like working out. I'm tired from school and work, there's a good show on tv, I have homework to do, or I just don't FEEL LIKE IT. Bleh. Lack of motivation can really ruin a workout. But sometimes when I'm lacking motivation, just a facebook status about someone headin to the gym or outside for a run can turn my mood right around and get my butt in gear. We all lack motivation at one point or another, it just happens. But that's when we can really help each other. If someone else is doing it, well why can't I? She's having success, so can I!!
This 5k training program has been really great since we're doing it together, if I decide I just don't feel like it, I'm letting Oshun and Sam down. So even if I don't feel like it, I go. By the time we're warmed up, running and chatting I'm having a great time anyway :)

I put out the call on facebook for inspiring or motivational stories, the very first one came from Sandra.
So, lets meet Sandra!

Sandra < pre workout & current! >
Sandra is the youngest of 8 brothers and sisters, and recently lost her father to cancer. That was a big motivator for her to take charge and lead a more healthy lifestyle. She has been happily married for 6 years, and has 2 children, 5 year old Hannah, and 1 year old Ethan. Sandra has a busy life, just like the rest of us! She runs a daycare from her home, as well as working some nights and weekends at a salon, all while being a mother & wife! Despite her busy life, she has found time for herself, in working out and eating right.

Here is the email I recieved from Sandra:



Hi, I'm Sandra. At my heaviest I weighed 283... thats a BIG number! and I was very determined to NEVER see 300! So December 29th 2009 I decided it was time for a change! I started off by just going to the gym everyday and doing cardio. When I started it was slow but I was proud to work out. I felt good and was starting my healthy new lifestyle. 10 days in I had lost 9 pounds and I was ON FIRE! One of the personal trainers at my gym pulled me aside and told me that I was doing a great job but just doing cardio wasn't going to show results like I wanted it to.


So I started working with Jason, He worked with me with exercises AND more importantly nutrition! What I thought was healthy was all wrong! I was eating mostly carbs and not enough protein which would explain why I always felt like I was STARVING! Once I changed my diet the weight started falling off.


Its been 3 months and I have lost 40 pounds! I go to the gym 6-7 times a week (it has become a stress reliever for me!) and I eat healthy!


I'm excited for what is to come... my body has changed already and I love seeing people I haven't seen for awhile and them telling me how great I look! The hard work is DEFINITELY paying off! I have lots more energy and feel so much better... Also I have started cooking healthier for my 5 year old and my 16 month old! Things are looking up!

 
 
AWESOME JOB SANDRA!! :) You are a true motivation to people that want to change their bodies. And you make the awesome point that it's not just about working out. Nutrition is key to losing weight. You get out what ya put in! ;)
 
So people be inspired by Sandra!  You are in control of your body, and if you don't like what you see, you have the power to change it. So often I've heard people say "I'd give anything to look like her, be skinny, etc etc." You don't have to give anything! You just have to change your lifestyle. Eat right, work out. That's all there is to it! :)
 
If anyone else has inspiring/motivational stories to share, send it to me at HealthyisHot@gmail.com & you could be featured on my blog next! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment