Thursday, November 19, 2009

30 Day Shred underway...

My Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred arrived in the mail from Amazon & I started it on Tuesday! I have started on level 1, and it's no joke. I can see how this dvd would get you results in 30 days. I mean, I try to work out at least 5 days a week and I was sweating and shaking by the end! haha! But it was a great feeling, and what I really loved is that Jillian Michaels MOTIVATES you. She urges you to keep going and won't let you give up. She says "I promised you results, and you're going to get them but you have to give me hard work!" Absolutely loved it. Some alternatives are offered for beginners but not on every exercise. She really pushes you to give it your all because she believes we CAN DO IT! The exercises are often combination moves, targeting legs and arms at the same time, which I love. Sculpted arms on a woman are one thing, SEXY! I feel like woman often overlook their arms while working out because they're more focused on the core, legs, and butt. But building muscle all over the body will make you stronger, leaner, and help you burn more calories throughout your day. Anyway, it's tough but if I can be "shredded" for the holiday season, then HELL YES I'm going to push myself!!
The dvd consists of 3 levels (1, 2, and 3) that increase in intensity. There are 3 circuits of 3 min strength training, 2 min cardio, and 1 min abs. The music is upbeat and the women in the video are great. You can tell they're really working too. What really makes this worthwhile is Jillian herself. If you want a personal trainer in your own home, I really recommend this DVD. All you need is some hand weights and a mat (if you're working out on a hard surface) and your determination! Try it out this holiday season, with the workouts only lasting 20 minutes each, we can all fit it into our busy schedules! In fact, I'm getting ready to head downstairs right now and get mine in before work this afternoon!
Plus on Amazon.com, the dvd is only ten bucks. Can't beat that.. and if you know a fitness junkie or just someone who is looking to improve their fitness and well being, give it to them for Christmas! (I am a twin and our bday is coming up in the beginning of December.. she's getting a copy with weights and a mat! :))

Check out the links below for Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred & others! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment