Thursday, November 5, 2009

Motivators of the Month: Jillian Michaels & Ali Vincent


Jillian Michaels
You may recognize Jillian as TV's toughest trainer from NBC's hit series "The Biggest Loser"
Jillian's passion for fitness stems from an overweight childhood, she reportedly shared a picture of herself earlier this year on the daytime syndicated medical talk show, "The Doctors", showing herself at 12 years old and 175 lbs.
Jillian's mother enrolled her in a martial arts class which was the beginning of her love affair with fitness. She's now a huge celebrity in the world of fitness and an inspiration to women everywhere.

I must admit, I LOVE The Biggest Loser. The people on it are truly inspirational and I'm always motivated to go workout after watching them kick butt in the gym and change their lifestyles to get fit, and in many cases, GET THEIR LIVES BACK.
I especially love the episodes where they catch up with past contestants. These episodes really show that it's a lifestyle change. You can go on ridiculous diets or kill yourself in the gym and look great for bikini season or an upcoming vacation, but unless you change your lifestyle, it will be a constant struggle and rollercoaster ride.

Ali Vincent
Season 5 winner, Ali Vincent was recently featured in Prevention magazine, where she shared her incredible journey before, during, and following the show. Ali and her mother (Season 5 featured "Couples") were actually eliminated after 4 weeks but then Ali fought her way back onto the show when all eliminated contestants were given the chance to get back on the show. Then she went on to win it all. These days, 112 lbs lighter (that's about HALF of what she weighed at the start of season 5) Ali enjoys a healthy lifestyle and exercises daily. "In the end, I'm just a normal person who experienced an extraordinary journey-- one that happened to be on national television. I want to lead by example, and I'm an example of what believing in yourself truly means."
Keep up the good work Ali & Jillian!! You're an inspiration to millions!!



Today, I ordered Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred from Amazon.com (only 10 bucks! can't beat that!!). I'm going to give it a try and mix it in with my other work out videos. She has a HUGE collection of workout dvds available for you to try out. Wish me luck and I'll keep you all updated on the results!! Which better be good or Jillian Michaels will probably crawl out of my TV and kick my butt!






No comments:

Post a Comment